- Graduate in Law by the University of Malaga.
- Master of Laws in Information Technology and Communications taught by the University Carlos III in Madrid. It is considered the best training program on IT law in Spain, selected from among the 100 most prestigious masters (Expansión Newspaper).
- Executive MBA in the Management of Technological Businesses. Escuela Superior de Estudios de Empresa, S.A.
José Antonio is the lawyer responsible of the IT / ICT Department.
Within the IT Law Department we can define the following sets of services:
1. Legal Advice Services to Scientific/Technological-based companies. These types of companies, like all of them, need legal advice to articulate, design and develop the proper ‘legal basis’ of the whole business, aimed at permitting the company to develop within the legal frameworks and at the same time, protect company assets.
As an example, we shall cite the following services within this field: development of specific contracts, specific collaboration agreements or internal company policies and labour relations, regulation of commercial operations and business models, compliance and management with administrative bodies or trademarks, trade names and domains, and corporate identity features.
2. Advice on ICT law for any company and/or Public Administration. All companies and public administrations, regardless of their activity, have been incorporating new technologies into their organisation, either by decision of their own or obliged by the law: information systems, e-commerce, on-line marketing, e-invoice, e-administration services… The intention of the firm is to provide services by advising companies of the “legal” use of incorporating ICTs into the company, enabling a safe use thereof.
3. Legal Proceedings. All prior services fall within prevention work, but in certain cases, clients turn to lawyers when they have a specific problem. Therefore, we provide a legal representation and administrative service, and we also deal with out-of-court work aimed at solving any issues arising from the services described above.
José Antonio Ruiz Milanés is professor in the area of IT law in the Executive Master for technological businesspeople and the Postgraduate Master in Business Administration programme, organised by the Escuela de Negocios ESESA.
Legal aspects of ICTs for entrepreneurs. Cycle of conferences on the legal compliance of the use of the new technologies (electronic commerce, Data Protection Act, the Act on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce, payment means…) for businesspeople organised by the Confederation of Malaga Businesspeople (CEM).
Programme “Towards a Digital Census” [Hacia un Censo Digital] carried out in conjunction with Camerfirma. Cycle of business conferences on the use of the Electronic Signature, electronic payment processes and data protection.
Commercialisation of Package Holidays on the Internet. Talk on e-commerce, payment methods and commercial aspects for tourism businesses organised by the Confederation of Malaga Businesspeople (CEM) and the Consorcio Qualifica.
Legal overview of CloudComputing. Centro de Iniciativas Turísticas de Marbella – (CIT Marbella).
Virtual Systems on DPC. Intervention on legal aspects. Organised by Datacontrol, S.A. and SPG (IBM).
Electronic invoice (e-invoice). Legal aspects on electronic billing and payment processes. Organised by SAGE.
Seminar on Practical Notes for Business Owners. Organised by the City Council of Malaga during 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Development of talks about the legal regulation on the use of new technologies: electronic commerce, payment processes, e-invoice and data protection.
Legal Aspects of Social Media and Marketing 2.0. Collaborating Professor for the subject “Journalist Communication and Education” at the University of Malaga’ Communication Sciences Faculty.
“Lawyers’ Liability versus the Data Protection Act” [Aspectos Legales de las Redes Sociales y Marketing 2.0]. Presentation for lawyers organised by the Antequera Bar Association.
“Social Media: confidentiality and legal aspects” [‘Redes sociales: confidencialidad y aspectos legales’]. Taught at the University of Malaga.
“Legal Aspects of the development of business activities on the Internet” [‘Aspectos Legales del desarrollo de actividades empresariales por Internet’]. A talk on aspects related to e-commerce and e-learning. Organised by AEONA.
1st and 2nd edition of the Informative Sessions on the use of the Electronic Signature in the tourism sector [I y II Jornada Informativa sobre el uso de la Firma Electrónica en el sector turístico]. Information for professionals on the legal matters concerning the electronic signature, electronic billing, data protection, payment means and electronic commerce. Association of Catering Entrepreneurs of the Costa del Sol [Asociación de Empresarios Hosteleros de la Costa del Sol]
José Antonio Ruiz Millanés represents the Association of Expert Lawyers in New Technologies in Andalusia [Asociación de Abogados Expertos en Nuevas Tecnologías de Andalucía (AENTA)] in the Malaga province. He is also secretary of the Section dealing with the Management of Firms of the Malaga Bar Association and founding member of the Section dealing with the Law on New Technologies of the Malaga Bar Association. He is a member of the Association of National ICT Lawyers [Asociación de Expertos Nacionales de la Abogacía TIC (ENATIC)].
He has appeard on many communication media addressing topics related to the legal aspects of the use of new technologies, data protection act, social media and ICT (Popular TV, Marbella TV, PTV Telecom y Onda Azul TV, Cadena COPE, etc.).
He is co-author of the book called “User Guide on New Technologies for the SME in Malaga” [‘Guía de Utilización de las nuevas Tecnologías para la PYME Malagueña], edited by the Permanent Committee of Innovation of the Productive Framework of the Province of Malaga.